UFO Magazine Forum
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Sightings
 UFO Magazine UK : UFO Magazine UK : Sightings
Message Icon Topic: Essex Lights Post Reply Post New Topic
gucci

Online Status: Offline
Quote gucci Replybullet Topic: Essex Lights
    Posted: 08 August 2005 at 11:45am

Hi I would like to report a sighting that in my opion needs further investgation.

On August 6th at about 10.00 pm. I recieved a phone call from my bother-in law. He was on his way to work, traveling south towards london on the A12. He had just past Colchester when he saw about 20 orange lights pass by. He thought they looked a bit odd, so he decided to pull over at the next layby. He got out of his van and looked up, to see about 100+ more of these orange lights in the sky. By this time just about all of the traffic on the A12 had come to a halt, as people were pulling over to the hard shoulder and climbing up the enbankment to get a closer look.

When he contacted my self he sounded very alarmed, as he discribed what he could see. I could hear a girl crying in the background, saying what the hell are these.

Then the orange lights gain alitude before moving north wards towards Colchester. The whole encounter lasted for about 15 to 30 mins.

I have contacted the MOD and local news stations for further investgation, but it would be good to disuss this sighting with other persons who have had sightings theyself.

IP IP Logged
foxmouldy

Quote foxmouldy Replybullet Posted: 11 August 2005 at 2:47pm

Hi

Although I cannot be 100% sure as I wasn't there I am fairly certain that what has been described are UFO balloons. These have been seen fairly regularly and are described on our website. If they are not UFO ballons they are almost certainly similar type objects.

www.southendufogroup.com

Mark - Southend UFO & Paranormal Group  

IP IP Logged
Sacha Christie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Sacha Christie Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2005 at 7:02am

I saw these too!!  We were camping in a field in Mawbray, Solway coast this weekend ond on the satuday i was talking to a friend and i noticed these things whizzing past, there were loads of them, they looked incredible.  We were talking about them and another bloke at the party wew were having asked if we were seeing them too.  In the end there were about ten of us starting up at the sky.  They seemed to zoom along then dissappear in a flash of white light.  Someone said they were bubbles as someone else was blowing soap bubbles.  The only issue i have with this possibility is that i could see two white lights one at the front and one at the back and in the middle there was a red light, one of them went so far, then flashed brilliant white light and then dissappeared.  My bino's were back at the tent so i couldn't look at them properly.  Also the person who was blowing bubbles continued but the phenomena did not.  There wasn't much wind and they were travelling fast, very fast.  There were a lot of them, i have no iudea how many but i saw at least fifty of them over several minutes!  I think we really did see something now, i had a witness with me too.  I can tell you that i got extremely excited for a minute until i was told they were bubbles but now i know better!  EEEEK!!  P.s  we were just underneath scotland so they travelled a long way.

Sashwah 

Think sideways.. it's the only way to move forward through this mockery of a sham wrapped inside a sham of a mockery!
IP IP Logged
foxmouldy

Quote foxmouldy Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2005 at 7:32am

If there was ever a reason to keep a complete ban on wacky backy...............

IP IP Logged
Sacha Christie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Sacha Christie Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2005 at 7:34am
Excuse me, but i think there should be a ban on assumptions.
Think sideways.. it's the only way to move forward through this mockery of a sham wrapped inside a sham of a mockery!
IP IP Logged
Sacha Christie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Sacha Christie Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2005 at 7:36am

So what if i was standing in a field at a party wearing a pvc police officers uniform, i don't think that makes me a less credible witness!! That's crazy talk man.  Actually i wasn't stoned but i was drunk which is why i believed the bubble theory until i read this post!!

IP IP Logged
foxmouldy

Quote foxmouldy Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2005 at 7:39am

Care in the community programme then?

IP IP Logged
gucci

Quote gucci Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2005 at 7:40am

ive been pritty much wasted, but u can still tell the differance between a bubble and a UFO.

There have been lots of reports of the sighting above, and i have a letter from the MOD, saying a lot of sightings were repoted that night.

On july 7th the same lights were seen in Kelvedon just down the road from colchester. Again brought a major A road to a standstill.

IP IP Logged
foxmouldy

Quote foxmouldy Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2005 at 7:42am

God what a horrible image - geezers in pvc police uniforms - ever thought of an appearance in Big Brother - you could be a star! Are you the only one in the village? 

IP IP Logged
Sacha Christie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Sacha Christie Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2005 at 7:43am
No not really... i don't give a monkeys butt... to coin a phrase!   I'm as skeptical as the next man.. erm woman but they did seem mighty unusual, if only i could remember the time it happened, we'd have a time line then and could probably say whether they were balloons or not.  I'm not saying they weren't.. it's definately possible.  I'm just a hopeless romantic and would like to believe what my brain thinks it saw!!  Granted, i am a bit wacky but i wasn't until i started seeing things in the sky... !
IP IP Logged
Sacha Christie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Sacha Christie Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2005 at 7:44am
I am not a geezer you silly mr mouldy i am a lady!
IP IP Logged
Sacha Christie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Sacha Christie Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2005 at 7:49am
Hi gucci.. i don't really know what i saw but i know i saw the same thing as your brother and all of the people at the side of the road, it was very freaky and not anything i have seen befoore.  I have seen quite a few things, one up close and personal. I know it freaked the bejesus uout of me for a minute.  I was however satisfied with the explanation at the time, i was a bit wangy!  However, after reading your post i am not convinced that all i saw was bubbles.  I wasn't entirely convinced anyway, they did seem to be too long and had three lights which i can't explain as usual.  I guess we'll never know but at least there were a lot of people who witnessed them and right accross the country too. 
IP IP Logged
foxmouldy

Quote foxmouldy Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2005 at 7:59am

Okay I'll accept geezerbird then. UFO researchers in pvc uniforms - god whatever next. And I thought Nick Pope was weird!! Sounds like your skywatches are a lot more exciting than my group though. Then again I suppose it's a good way to get new members - and I could charge double.  

As shown on my website UFO balloons are being let off all over Essex by ***** out for a laugh and by a certain company when organising wedding do's. They are a complete pain in the monkeys butt - and don't nick my one liners again -  waste of time to me as they lead to loads of false sighting AND some researchers have been fooled by them already - see www.ufoballoons.co.uk 

There is a way of telling the difference between these and genuine ufo's but you'll have to check my website to find out. I'm fortunate enough to have seen a ufo which was subsequently filmed round the corner from where I live - then again - I'm round the corner from one of the UK's top secret military bases. The watchers are watching.

IP IP Logged
Sacha Christie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Sacha Christie Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2005 at 8:07am

I visited your sight earlier today, very impressive..  I might re visit to report a sighting!! Lol! I read the bit about balloons and i think they are a pain in the ar** for doing it.  Even the remote ufo's are an annoying addition to todays never ending piles of weird filling up cupboards right accross the world. (sorry craig but you know what i mean!)  It is very difficult to determine what is a toy in the sky and what is not these days. 

I am going to the end of nowhere in a week, a very remote place in scotland which has had plenty of sightings in the past so i am taking every bit of equiptment with me so i can look out of the very large picture window (for psycholigical safety reasons of course!) through the telescope!  I will let you know if kermit in a silver suit comes flying past the window in hot persuit, miss piggy...!!

IP IP Logged
foxmouldy

Quote foxmouldy Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2005 at 11:53am

I heard that Bonnybridge is the place to go and skywatch and someone mentioned yesterday from oop norf that according to a local radio station Bradford has the most UFO sightings. Don't forget to take your camera and I wouldn't recommend waering your pvc suit - it might scare the locals.

IP IP Logged
Sacha Christie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Sacha Christie Replybullet Posted: 13 August 2005 at 6:01am

I wasn't too  far from bonnybridge last saturday.  I'll be in aberdeen next week, quite a lot further up than i was last week.  I definately won't be wearing any kind of uniform as i will be off duty!! 

Honestly though, those lights were incredibly strange.. even stranger still is the fact that they were seen by so many at the other end of the country.  Hmmmm..  Have you had any reports on your web site about sat night?  I can't find any reference to them other than on this site, i'll keep sifting though, i am intrigued! In future i think i'll glue my bino's to my face so as not to miss anything!!  Fancy taking them just to leave them in my tent. Sensible.  They would have ruined my funstable outfit though! 

I will be able to report any sightings while i am in Aberdeen, the only problem is, is that we have to ask the farmer to turn off his cattle fence so it doesn't interfere with the computer!!  Pffpfff!!

Sashwah

IP IP Logged
Sacha Christie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Sacha Christie Replybullet Posted: 14 August 2005 at 5:18am

I have reported the sighting to Russ Kellett today as he is affiliated with the cumbrian bufoh investigation team.  I also mentioned the fact that they were seen en mass on the A12 to colchester.  I talked to him for some time and then sent a report in to them. 

www.ufo-paranormal.co.uk  is his site if anyone is interested.  He is interviewed regularly in the media and often appears on radio shows.

If you do a google search there are plenty of items to browse through.

Happy hunting!

sashwah

IP IP Logged
Alli

Quote Alli Replybullet Posted: 30 August 2005 at 7:39am

Hi there,

I have just become a member of this site after reading about the lights that have been spotted in Essex. As I too have seen these lights! Only not on the 6th of Aug but on the 27th of Aug at around 10.10pm, driving along the A12 near Kelvedon/Witham area. There must of been aroun 150 lights in the sky in a cigar shape from the horizon to high in the sky. At the top of these light the formation tailed slightly to the right. They formation moved around very slowly and  after about 10/15min they slowly one by one faded out. Also on the dual carrige way so many other cars had pulled into the layby also to have a watch. It was a really scary thing to watch and I have never seen anything like it in my life. Also for the 1st time ever I think there is more out there than what we think. Did anyone else see this that evening? I thought that I would of heard something on the radio or television in the following days but not a thing was mentioned. Planes were also flying in the sky at the same time, so therefore they must have seen something too. Also with all of this talk of balloons being let off in the sky. This is not what I saw. What I saw was more like orange stars.

Edited by Alli
IP IP Logged
Sacha Christie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Sacha Christie Replybullet Posted: 31 August 2005 at 8:07am

Alli... you have just proved the existence of my sanity which i was seriously beginning to doubt... Again!   Would you believe that i saw the same thing on the Aug 6th event but not the 27th.  I was in Cumbria which is at the other end of the country.  My friend thought that someone was blowing bubbles and the light from the fire was reflectin off them because they were orange.  He only looked at them for a second or two but i was watching them for minutes.  They were as you say like orange stars.  Where i was the sky was so clear that you sould see all the constelations clearly and the milky way etc.. everything.  Not a single cloud or street light.  What i saw was that each craft had an orange light at either end and a red one in the middle.  Three lights, all in a row   . . .    They travelled at very high speed and made no noise that we could hear yet earlier in the day we had been treated to a jet doing a fly over and a loop and that made an earsplitting noise.  We should have heard something.  I have been in touch with a lot of serious researchers who have heard nothing.  There have been no radio reports OR newspaper clippings on this sighting.   I find this most unusual as so many people have witnessed this.  I will p.m you three private e mails to contact the researchers i have been in contact with.  They would be very interested to hear from you.  I have tried unsucessfully to contact gucci who posted his sighting here. 

Thanks for posting, now i know i'm not mad... moooo!

Sashwah 

IP IP Logged
foxmouldy

Quote foxmouldy Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2005 at 1:51am

I think this confirms this sighting and a number of similar sightings across the UK.

http://www.bishopsstortfordcitizen.co.uk/news/localnews/disp lay.var.584521.0.lanterns_spark_ufo_scare.php

IP IP Logged
Sacha Christie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Sacha Christie Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2005 at 4:31am

o.k... but you know i've had four seperate reports sent to me.. different dates in the same month and i saw them in cumbria????  They don't last long enough to travel all that way... unless you are suggesting i am some kind of madwoman who was illuminating at the time!!   ( although i cannot rule it out scientifically!)

IP IP Logged
foxmouldy

Quote foxmouldy Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2005 at 4:41am

Obviously they're not the answer to all reports. Anything over 10 mins  ish pretty much rules them out. Speed is the other factor as well. I'm off now to a friends - www.ghosthunterextraordinaire.co.uk

to analyse some ghostly balls and some evp stuff from Rendle. Loads happening here - for sure.   

CIAO

IP IP Logged
Sacha Christie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Sacha Christie Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2005 at 6:19am

Cool.. i'm off on an investigation at Towton Battle field tonight, better wear me wellies!  I'm doubling up seeing as we are outside... Got my binoculars packed, so i'll be looking  for paranormal activity and ufo's I'll report back tomorrow if anything fabulous happens!!

IP IP Logged
foxmouldy

Quote foxmouldy Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2005 at 7:52am

Happy huntin. Think you might need an umbrella.

We're doing Hadleigh castle and then evp at my place afterwards on Monday. 

IP IP Logged
Sacha Christie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Sacha Christie Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2005 at 8:17am

There's no such thing as the wrong weather old chap, just the wrong clothes... but we've had that conversation already....!

Catch up soon.

IP IP Logged
Damkina

Quote Damkina Replybullet Posted: 07 November 2005 at 8:23am
I've not long since found this site and wondered if these lights are what everyone's been chatting about, so, I've posted the link for your perusal.

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk

Damkina
IP IP Logged
Sacha Christie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Sacha Christie Replybullet Posted: 13 November 2005 at 12:56am

I saw the buggers in cumbria.... in the middle of nowhere.  I will maintain that statement FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Only because someone else was with me though! 

IP IP Logged
Damkina

Quote Damkina Replybullet Posted: 13 November 2005 at 4:49am
So, they 'are' what you saw... they looked like the ones in the piccy?

IP IP Logged
Sacha Christie
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Sacha Christie Replybullet Posted: 15 November 2005 at 5:23am

Erm.. nope... i still have no identification for what i saw... sorry, didn't make myself very clear then.. i've got a lurgy, brain closing down..

I can't imagine why anyone would do that out there... there was no one around!  They went past in about a second.. each light that is.  Too fast for balloons!

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version